Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy H-owl-oween





I almost subjected my beautiful arm flappin' cutie to her big brothers old cow costume, till daddy spoke for her using the 'voice' and the 'face', I'm sure you all have your versions in your house. While I fought off my mother's voice telling me that 'she will never know' and 'doesn't even care', I just finished a last minute bird costume -complete with feet- for my little Sweetie Pie-la. I will admit she's getting the felt and hot glue dregs of my imagination today but I think it turned out Owl-fully cute. She better flap those little arms of her's, that's all I've got to say.

I wish I was this ambitious- check out this handmade costume, it is absolutely gorgeous, Early Bird Special: Crafting a Costume, she used Martha's wing pattern, and why wouldn't she Martha is the best: http://www.marthastewart.com/how-to/masked-owl-costume I have to say though, I usually just "wing" it, hehe. Happy 1st Halloween to any newbies out there.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Your little one's costume looks so cute! Great job, Mama. By the way, your Mom sounds like my Mom and she tells me stuff like that all the time. Good for us for doing what feels right. :-)

    ReplyDelete